Associate I Trainee: Center Team Member
This is a part-time, shared position which does not have specific hours per week. It is designed to provide consumers with an opportunity to develop good work habits and skills prior to entering the general workforce. Staff must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a 15-passenger van. The Center Team Member has direct contact with consumer center members. All Team Members are responsible for following procedures determined by the Center Team staff regarding the day-to-day operations of the Consumer Center. All Team members must be able to function as a team and act as a support and resource to consumer members.
- Assist members in feeling welcome and encourage participation in groups and activities.
- Must have flexible availability to work days, evenings, nights, holidays, and/or
- Safely operate a 15 passenger van and be insurable under MHA insurance.
- Maintain order and enforce van rules.
- Respond to consumers in distress in a supportive, respectful manner.
- In conjunction with co-workers, maintain a safe peaceful environment.
- Monitor all physical environments for safety of members, while protecting our material resources.
- Complete assigned paperwork. e., membership forms, incident reports, consumer contacts, and action plans.
- Recognize and manage crisis situations.
- Talk, listen, advocate for, and refer members as needed.
- Assist consumers to develop skills necessary to fulfill volunteer roles.
- Facilitate groups as assigned, assist in design and implementation of new groups.
- Project a positive image in or outside of the MHA.
- Provide role model for successful interaction skills: assertiveness, conflict resolution, and boundary maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- S. Diploma or GED
- Ability to drive 15-passenger van.
- Act 33/34 Clearance. Act 151 Clearances and FBI fingerprints.
- Knowledge of the Mission, Vision and Values of MHA.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures of the MHA.
- Ability to meet schedules, plan, take direction.
- Knowledge of internal resources as well as Mental Health resources in the
- Subscribe to ethical standards of confidentiality.
- Ability to be a team player.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by staff to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the staff is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear (hearing aid permitted). Specific vision abilities required by the job include peripheral and distance vision. Staff is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and use legs to lift and or move up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those a staff encounters while performing the essential functions pf the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Staff is occasionally exposed to outside weather. Noise level is usually moderate.
" " indicates required fields
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Mental Health Association (MHA) is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits hiring discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age, or sex. Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodations shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees. The MHA offers a competitive benefit package that includes paid time off, health, vision, and dental insurance, life & disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan.