Employment Opportunities at the Mental Health Association of NWPA
MHA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits hiring discrimination on the basis of national origin, age or sex. Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodations shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.
Positions Now Available at MHA
Center Team Assistant Team Leader
(Associate III Non-Exempt)
- Reports To:
- Center Team Leader
- General Responsibilities:
- The Assistant Team Leader works closely with the Team Leader. He /She has direct contact with consumer center members engaging them in activities that may support their recovery. Additionally, this person has a working knowledge of the public mental health system and can be a resource to the membership. This person can function independently, and follow procedures regarding the day-to-day operations of the consumer center. The Assistant Team Leader must have strong communication and organizational skills, because this person will assume most record keeping responsibilities for the Consumer Center. The Assistant Team Leader has a working knowledge of all consumer center operations and procedures, and has the ability to take on specific project responsibilities as assigned and to provide team leadership in the Team Leader's absence. This person will be able to function as a team member.
- Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist members in feeling welcome and encourage participation in groups and activities.
- In conjunction with co-workers, maintain a safe peaceful environment.
- Monitor all physical environments for safety of members, while protecting our material resources.
- Complete assigned paper work. i.e. ...membership forms, incident reports, and consumer contacts, and action plans.
- Recognize and manage crisis situations.
- Talk, listen, advocate for, and refer members as needed.
- Facilitate groups as assigned, assist in design and implementation of new groups.
- Project a positive image in or outside of the MHA.
- Provide a role model for successful interaction skills, (assertiveness, conflict resolution, boundary maintenance).
- Assume responsibility for café operations, bookkeeping and café volunteers.
- Assume responsibility for food pantry, soup kitchen and paper work involved.
- Establishes relationship with Second Harvest Food Bank.
- Assumes responsibility for accurate daily, monthly, and quarterly tracking of consumer center participation (including monthly report to Administration).
- Ability to assume oversight duties in the Team Leader's absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Act 33/34 Clearance
- Act 151 Clearance
- Valid PA Drivers License
- Computer skills working with Word, Excel, and Access.
- Knowledge of the Mission, Vision and Values of the MHA.
- Ability to follow the policies and procedures of the MHA.
- Ability to meet schedules, plan, and take direction.
- Ability to assertively interact with staff and consumers.
- Leadership experience.
- Knowledge of crises intervention techniques.
- Knowledge of internal resources as well as Mental Health resources in the community.
- Subscribe to ethical standards of confidentiality.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by staff to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the staff is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear (hearing aid permitted). Specific vision abilities required by the job include peripheral and distance vision.
- Staff is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and use legs to lift and or move up to 50 lbs.
- Work Environment
- The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those a staff encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Staff is occasionally exposed to outside weather.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
MHA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROHIBITS HIRING DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGIOUS CREED, DISABILITY, ANCESTRY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE OR SEX. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES SHALL BE PROVIDED FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES AND REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS SHALL BE MADE TO MEET THE PHYSICAL OR MENTAL LIMITATIONS OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS OR EMPLOYEES.
Deadline for application for this position is Thursday, December 5, 2019
- Please send or e-mail application and resume to:
- HR Manager
- Mental Health Assocliation of NWPA
- 1101 Peach Street
- Erie, PA
~ Job Description ~