Employment Opportunities at the Mental Health Association of NWPA
MHA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits hiring discrimination on the basis of national origin, age or sex. Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodations shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.
Positions Now Available at MHA
Center Team Leader
Assoc IV Excempt
- Reports To:
- Operations Manager
- General Responsibilities:
- The Center Team Leader co-ordinates and monitors all activities related to the day-to-day operations of the consumer center. The Center Team Leader is responsible for the scheduling and supervision of Center Team Members. The Team Leader monitors and oversees Cafe Operations, and consumer phone service. The Center Team Leader is responsible for maintaining all record keeping associated with the operation of the Consumer Center.
- Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervise and schedule Center Team Staff members, assigning specific job responsibilities to each staff member.
- Meet regularly with center team staff individually and as a group to build teamwork skills, define operations procedures and identify needed staff training.
- Monitor Canteen operations; assist volunteers in canteen operation procedures.
- Monitor the maintenance of accurate daily, monthly, and quarterly tracking of consumer center participation.
- Monitor the operation of both a food pantry and soup kitchen. Responsible for all related record keeping, reporting and ordering of food.
- Supervise and monitor all activities that take place at the consumer center.
- Assists in cooperation with the Volunteer/Program Coordinator in the development of new activities generated through consumer interest.
- Act as a resource to consumer members, referring both internally and to resources in the community.
- Organize and maintain all records connected to the consumer center.
- Supervise and assist in designing procedures for the appropriate use and care of the material resources available to members who participate in the consumer center activities.
- Present a positive image internally and in the community.
- Be a role model for center staff and consumer members regarding assertive interaction, communication, and boundary maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience in supervision and/or handling personnel matters.
- Knowledge of mental illnesses.
- Knowledge of consumer empowerment
- Knowledge of the Mission, Vision and Values of the Mental Health Association.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Assertive communication skills.
- Ability to organize and operate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer skills.
- Subscribe to ethical standards of confidentiality.
- Able to function autonomously to make crucial decisions.
- Knowledge of internal resources as well as mental health resources in the community.
- Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by staff to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the staff is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear (hearing aid permitted). Specific vision abilities required by the job include peripheral and distance vision.
- Staff is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and use legs to lift and or move up to 50 lbs.
- Work Environment:
- The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those a staff encounters while performing the essential functions pf the job. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Staff is occasionally exposed to outside weather.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
MHA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROHIBITS HIRING DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGIOUS CREED, DISABILITY, ANCESTRY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE OR SEX. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES SHALL BE PROVIDED FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES AND REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS SHALL BE MADE TO MEET THE PHYSICAL OR MENTAL LIMITATIONS OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS OR EMPLOYEES
Deadline for application for this position is Monday, February 18, 2019.
- Please send or e-mail application and resume to:
- HR Manager
- Mental Health Assocliation of NWPA
- 1101 Peach Street
- Erie, PA
~ Job Description ~