Employment Opportunities at the Mental Health Association of NWPA
MHA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits hiring discrimination on the basis of national origin, age or sex. Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodations shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.
Certified Peer Specialist-Associate I-Non-Exempt
Reports To: Peer Support Team Leader
Employee must have successfolly completed Certified Peer Specialist training recognized by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. These are part-time as needed positions, normally working 15-28 hours per week. The person filling this position will provide fee for service peer support to adolt mental health consumers, meeting medical necessity requirements, who are residing in Erie County. There will be evening and weekend hours. The applicant must have good time management skills and be able to work independently. The employee must have an understanding of recovery principles related to the needs of mental health consumers. Knowledgeable of the concepts of a consumer run/consumer driven organization is required. Self-identification as a person who has or currently is experiencing homelessness or near homelessness is a plus as is the completion of Wellness Recovery Action Plan group facilitator training.
- Work one-on-one and in groups with peers who want assistance in meeting their recovery goals, including development of Wellness Recovery Action Plans or other recovery tools.
- Assist peers locating/ utilizing natural supports.
- Assist peers in navigating the physical/mental health systems; provide advocacy and referrals as needed with other services and supports including involvement in the community and the MHA Consumer Center.
- Assist peers in a hands-on way with life skills including but not limited to problem solving, budgeting, hygiene, housekeeping, relationship/social skills, employment skills, credit rebuilding, and communication skills.
- Work closely with the Blended Case Managers and other supports.
- As assigned, represent Team and MHA at forums/meetings related to mental health.
- Participate in pertinent training opportunities.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and reports in regards to the peer he/she is providing support.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Act 33/34, Act 151, FBI Fingerprints
- Negative pre-employment drug screening
- Certified Peer Specialist Certification
- Computer skills working with Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Record keeping skills, ability to write clearly
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to manage own work schedole, set own appointments
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions
- Proven ability to advocate on behalf of self and others
- Knowledge of Recovery Principles related to mental health
- Knowledge of consumer rights as they impact mental health
- Knowledge of publicly funded mental health and addiction disease services in Erie County
- Knowledge of natural supports in the community
- Knowledge of the Mission of Community Care Behavioral Health
- Knowledge of the Mission, Vision and Values of the Mental Health Association of Northwestern Pennsylvania
- Have access to transportation
The Physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by staff to successfolly perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the staff is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, (hearing aid permitted). Specific vision abilities required by the job include peripheral and distance vision.
- Staff is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and use legs to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the staff is occasionally exposed to outside weather. The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
MHA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROHIBITS HIRING DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGIOUS CREED, DISABILITY, ANCESTRY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE OR SEX. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES SHALL BE PROVIDED FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES AND REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS SHALL BE MADE TO MEET THE PHYSICAL OR MENTAL LIMITATIONS OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS OR EMPLOYEES
Please send application to:
Monica Stanford, Operations Manager
Mental Health Association of NW PA
1101 Peach Street
Erie, PA 16501
or email to: email@example.com
Deadline: Aug 18, 2020.
~ Job Description ~