Employment Opportunities at the Mental Health Association of NWPA
MHA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits hiring discrimination on the basis of national origin, age or sex. Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodations shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.
Positions Now Available at MHA
Warming Center Night Staff
(Associate I Trainee As Needed, Non-Exempt )
- Reports To:
- Center Team Leader
- General Responsibilities:
- This is a part-time position which does not have specific hours per week. Persons in this role maintain a safe, comfortable environment for persons in need of shelter on nights when winter temperatures are forecast to meet criteria for opening the MHA facility for a Warming Night. They must be able to maintain order in the Center while being supportive and helpful to persons using the Warming Center.
- Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Welcoming individuals to the Center and making sure all attendees are aware of rules and expectations.
- In conjunction with co-workers, maintain order and enforce rules including requiring disruptive individuals to leave premises or contact police if necessary.
- Be aware of resources available to persons in need of services.
- Respond to participants in distress in a supportive, respectful, but assertive manner.
- Monitor all physical environments for safety, while protecting our material resources.
- Recognize and manage crisis situations.
- Assist volunteers to fulfill volunteer roles.
- Provide role model for successful interaction skills: assertiveness, conflict resolution, and boundary maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Have flexible availability on short notice to work from 11PM to 7AM.
- Act 33/34 Clearance. Act 151 Clearances.
- Knowledge of the Mission, Vision and Values of MHA.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures of the MHA.
- Ability to meet schedules, plan, take direction.
- Basic knowledge of internal resources as well as social service resources in the community.
- Proven ability to interact with others compassionately yet assertively.
- Subscribe to ethical standards of confidentiality.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Physical Demands:
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by staff to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, and hear (hearing aid permitted). Specific vision abilities required by the job include peripheral and distance vision. Staff is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and use legs to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Work Environment:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Staff is occasionally exposed to outside weather. The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
MHA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROHIBITS HIRING DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGIOUS CREED, DISABILITY, ANCESTRY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE OR SEX. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES SHALL BE PROVIDED FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES AND REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS SHALL BE MADE TO MEET THE PHYSICAL OR MENTAL LIMITATIONS OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS OR EMPLOYEES
Deadline for application for this position is September 2, 2019.
- Please send or e-mail application and resume to:
- HR Manager
- Mental Health Assocliation of NWPA
- 1101 Peach Street
- Erie, PA