Mental Health Association of Northwestern
Certified Peer Specialist Graduation
June 30 2017 Erie, PA
Comments at CPS Graduation Ceremony
Words that were heard that made an impression on the audience:
- "We need to make opportunities for Certified Peer Specialists."
- "We learned about ourselves and to tell our stories."
- "You are SPECIAL, you have special qualities, continue learning forever."
- "Let it flow."
- "I take away, knowledge, inspiration and hope."
- "It was an amazing group, there was a level of courage; we instill the hope. Stay hopeful."
- "Thank you for this opportunity. I understand why I was there. I’m scared for the job process and anxious."
- "I learned a lot from this."
- "It takes a lot to break down the wall for me. It came natural to share for me."
- "I learned more about myself than I thought possible. You are family."
- "I’ll see you in the field!"
- "It was a wonderful experience. I connected with you. I know I am not alone."
- "This graduation means the world to me."
- "This was an opportunity for self-reflection. I look forward to passing on the legacy."
- "It was good to get to know everybody."
- "Thank you to the instructors. You can be a part of the workforce and the community."
- "Hope, Recovery, I am inspired by you. The journey is worth it."
- "Thank you for accepting my story."
- "I am looking forward to connections in the field. I feel blessed for having this opportunity."
- "Thank you MHA, Stairways and Safe Harbor for getting my life back together. Give back hope."
- "Courageous, resilient, awesome, I’ve got it after two years!"
- "People had faith in me to complete it. It was not an easy journey. Sharing my story was a challenge. Show the world Recovery is possible. We are powerful!"
- "You gave me insight into myself. Our ripples can help others."
- "Take care of your wellness."
Program Development/Volunteer Coordinator